Sometimes, you can't do it all by yourself.

If your family is going through tough times, contact Family and Child Connect for free, unlimited and confidential advice.

We’re here to listen and connect you to practical support.

Access to interpreters is available.

A range of Family and Child Connect resources are available for families, including information in other languages.

How we can help

Family and Child Connect can help with a range of family and parenting challenges. We’ll talk with you about your situation and work out the type of support you might find helpful.

We can connect you to local services that can help with:

  • managing your child or teenager’s behaviour (e.g. skipping school, school refusal, running away from home, homework, tantrums)
  • building better family relationships
  • stopping any violence at home
  • budgeting and managing money
  • alcohol, drug or gambling problems
  • housing, health care or access to other community or government services.

You can use this service as often as you need. There is no limit and no cost.

Every family is different so when you speak with us you will get advice and support specific to your situation.

What happens when I call?

When you contact Family and Child Connect you’ll speak with an experienced family support worker who will listen to you and put you in touch with people who have assisted others in tough times.

We may be able to help you in just one phone call – either by providing advice or referring you to a support service – or we might arrange to visit you at home or a safe place to talk. You can also work with a domestic violence support worker.

In some areas, there are family support services run by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations. Most family support services can offer families the choice of working with an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander family support worker.

"I feel like the universe was really looking to help me out because I can’t believe I found a service that was free and that was willing to go above and beyond what I thought a service could actually do and provide."

See more family stories.

How can I contact Family and Child Connect?

You can make contact by visiting us in person, calling 13 FAMILY (13 32 64) or by completing our online referral form.

If you need an interpreter, we can organise one for free. Tell us what language you need when you call or visit us.

CatchmentService ProviderStreet AddressSuburb
Bayside The Benevolent Society Redlands Integrated Early Years Service
Cnr School Road and Mount Cotton Road
Beenleigh The Benevolent Society Level 1, 3994 Pacific Highway Loganholme
Brisbane Kurbingui Youth and Family Development 445 Zillmere Road Zillmere
Browns Plains/Beaudesert Mercy Community Level 1, 3202/10-20 Eastern Road Browns Plains
Bundaberg/Fraser Coast Act 4 Kids Currently relocating.  
Cairns Act for Kids 4/202 Scott Street Bungalow
Charleville Lifeline Darling Downs & South West QLD 65 Edward Street Charleville
Emerald UnitingCare Community 124 Borilla Street Emerald
Gladstone UnitingCare Community 25 Off Street Gladstone
Gold Coast Act for Kids 1–3 Casua Drive Varsity Lakes
Ipswich Kummara Limited 13 Thorn Street Ipswich
Kingaroy South Burnett CTC Lot 2 Somerset Street Kingaroy
Logan The Benevolent Society Level 1, 3994 Pacific Highway Loganholme
Mackay Act For Kids 15 Peel Street Mackay
Moreton Bay Mercy Community Suites 28-29 Kingsgate Centre, 42-44 King Street Caboolture
Mount Isa/Gulf 54 reasons 121 Marian Street Townview
Rockhampton UnitingCare Community 229 Musgrave Street North Rockhampton
Roma Lifeline Darling Downs & South West QLD 14-16 McDowall Street Roma
Sunshine Coast/Gympie Act for Kids Unit 6A, 9 Capital Place Birtinya
Toowoomba Mercy Community 104 South Street Rangeville
Townsville Mercy Community 111 Charters Towers Road Hermit Park 

How can I help others?

Are you worried about someone else? Maybe it’s your adult kids and grandkids, a family at school or your friend at work? You can help them get the support they need.

Simple things like organising a playdate or chatting to your friend or colleague might be the start to getting them the help they need.

One of the best ways you can help is by starting a conversation. So talk to them and encourage them to call 13 FAMILY (13 32 64) or visit their local Family and Child Connect office to get some advice and support for their situation.

You may even like to offer your support when they speak with Family and Child Connect – either over the phone or in person.

Reporting abuse

If you have reason to suspect a child is experiencing harm, or is at risk of experiencing harm, contact Child Safety.

Always phone Triple Zero (000) if you believe a child is in immediate danger.

What other support is available?

If you are looking for practical support to help with the day-to-day work of raising children there are a number of websites and services that provide useful tips and information for parents and families:

Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Family Wellbeing Services - make it easier for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families in communities across Queensland to access culturally responsive support to improve their social, emotional, physical and spiritual wellbeing, and help them to safely care for and protect their children. All Family Wellbeing Services are delivered by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community controlled organisations ensuring the support available is culturally safe and appropriate.

Raising Children Network – A comprehensive website offering resources and information on parenting for children of all ages.

Triple P – Positive Parenting Program – A free parenting program for Queensland parents and carers to raise happy, healthy children and teenagers.

Parentline – A confidential telephone counselling service which supports parents and carers of children.

Services delivered by: